SUNNYVALE, CA, March 10, 2009 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, today announced that Verizon Center and the NBA's Washington Wizards have deployed a ShoreTel UC system in the $200 million sports and entertainment facility located in the nation's capital. Verizon Center and the Washington Wizards selected the ShoreTel system for its 108 luxury suites and office operations based on its flexibility and enhanced features.
Verizon Center is a multi-purpose arena located in downtown Washington, D.C. that is home to the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, the WNBA's Washington Mystics and the NCAA's Georgetown Hoyas men's basketball team. The arena hosts on average 220 events per year ranging from concerts to family shows to world-class sporting events. Opened in 1997, the arena has since sparked a revitalization of the surrounding area to the tune of $6.2 billion, making the downtown area its own Times Square.
ShoreTel as the Solution:
- The arena and sports organization selected ShoreTel for its easy-to-configure, easy-to-use phone system based on features, price and reliability.
- Over 650 ShoreTel phones were installed with the ShoreTel UC system preconfigured for easy installation in the executive offices, luxury suites, locker rooms, tenant service areas, and press room areas. An additional 700 plus analog extensions were deployed.
- The ShoreTel system's flexibility allowed for the customization of the service throughout the building in maintaining a level of privacy and security for building personnel while still providing full access to phone service for patrons.
- The ShoreTel system supports direct dial to toll-free numbers from credit card verification machines at select analog extensions throughout the building allowing for the streamlining of the sales process for visiting vendors.
- Each of the 108 luxury suites was outfitted with large display screen phones with a capability to personalize the display screen with pictures of the Washington Wizards players or the arena.
Productivity & Efficiency:
- The ShoreTel UC system helps arena staff stay in touch while moving around the facility with ShoreTel Call Manager and ShoreTel Mobile Call Manager, which ensures access to the right person at any time and any place within the arena.
- Directory services offered within the system provide quick and efficient access to building personnel during a busy, high pressure environment.
"Technology today is at the forefront of good business and good customer service in the sports and entertainment realm. Forming a partnership with ShoreTel has allowed us to continue the trend of being a world-class venue in not only offering the best in entertainment, but the best in customer service technology."
- Abe Pollin, Chairman of Verizon Center and the Washington Wizards
"Most people don't realize how much technology there is in the sports and entertainment world, though more of it is coming to the forefront with arenas like the Verizon Center offering IP phones in the hospitality suites. Our ShoreTel system offers a one-two punch of making administrative tasks much easier - and less expensive - and helping give fans a great experience."
- Kevin Gavin, vice president of marketing, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can’t match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has regional offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit shoretel.com or shoretelsky.com.
ShoreTel, ShoreTel Sky, and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.